Benjamin Andrew Parris
E-MAIL : email@example.com
2017-present Associate Professor Department of Psychology, Bournemouth University
2014-2017 Principal Lecturer Department of Psychology, Bournemouth University
2008-2014 Senior Lecturer Department of Psychology, Bournemouth University.
2007-2008 Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Psychology, University of Oxford.
2004-2007 Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Psychology, University of Exeter.
2001-2005 Doctor of Philosophy
University of Sussex
Thesis entitled 'Control and automaticity in visual word recognition: Evidence from the Stroop task' supervised by Dr. Brendan Weekes.
1996-2000 BSc Psychology (with studies in Europe)
University of Kent
Awarded First Class Honours and Janet Miele prize for final year project
Other Relevant Experience
- Frontiers Research Topic Editor: The Locus of the Stroop effect
- Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology: Cognitive Science.
- Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology: Cognition.
- Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology/Frontiers in Communication: Language Sciences.
- Grant Reviewer for the Medical Research Council, the Israel Science Foundation and the German Research Foundation.
- Rapporteur for Quality and Impact of grants awarded by the ESRC.
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Aphasiology, Attention Perception and Psychophysics, Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, BMC Psychiatry, Brain Topography, Cerebral Cortex, Cognition,Experimental Psychology, Frontiers in Psychology: Consciousness Research, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Journal of Experiment Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, Journal of Experiment Psychology: Human Perception and Performance,Memory and Cognition, Neurocase, Neuroimage, Neuroscience Letters, Psychology of Consciousness, Psychonomic Bulletin and Review.
- Co-organiser of Active Vision 6 (September, 2004, University of Exeter).