Benjamin Andrew Parris
E-MAIL : [email protected]
2017-present Associate Professor Department of Psychology, Bournemouth University.
2014-2017 Principal Lecturer Department of Psychology, Bournemouth University.
2008-2014 Senior Lecturer Department of Psychology, Bournemouth University.
2007-2008 Post-doctoral Research Fellow Department of Psychology, University of Oxford.
2004-2007 Post-doctoral Research Fellow Department of Psychology, University of Exeter.
Doctor of Philosophy
University of Sussex
Thesis entitled 'Control and automaticity in visual word recognition: Evidence from the Stroop task' supervised by Dr. Brendan Weekes.
BSc Psychology (with studies in Europe)
University of Kent
Awarded First Class Honours and Janet Miele prize for final year project.
Other Relevant Experience
- Frontiers Research Topic Editor: The Locus of the Stroop effect.
- Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology: Cognitive Science.
- Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology: Cognition.
- Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology/Frontiers in Communication: Language Sciences.
- Grant Reviewer for the Medical Research Council, the Israel Science Foundation and the German Research Foundation.
- Rapporteur for Quality and Impact of grants awarded by the ESRC.
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Aphasiology, Attention Perception and Psychophysics, Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, BMC Psychiatry, Brain Topography, Cerebral Cortex, Cognition, Experimental Psychology, Frontiers in Psychology: Consciousness Research, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Journal of Experiment Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, Journal of Experiment Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, Memory and Cognition, Neurocase, Neuroimage, Neuroscience Letters, Psychology of Consciousness, Psychonomic Bulletin and Review.
- Co-organiser of Active Vision 6 (September, 2004, University of Exeter).